Monday, December 14, 2009

Google Earth

Google Earth
Google Earth is a great asset to teachers and to future teacher. I found it to be very helpful in the navigation of the site.
The site I found to be interesting was the Google Maps and the California Missions. I have been to the following missions when visiting my Aunt and Uncle in Paso Robles California.
• Mission of San Luis Obispo de Tolosa
• Mission of San Jose
• Mission of San Miguel Archangel
This would a great use for teachers if they are studying the history of California. I love history so it was great seeing the mission in your life and I think it would give a great understanding our students when we are teaching to show that history is real.
Another thing I like was the use of Google for studying of science and I was thinking how great it would be to use it to combine lesson of history, science, and math. An example of this could be a history teacher teaching about the history of the California, and science could use it to teach their students about earthquakes or even about the Morro bay Rock that stands 576 feet tall. A math teacher could use the information given from the science teacher to figure out the percentage of earthquakes.
Google earth has endless possibilities for teacher and students and it would be a waste for teachers not to use in their classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment