Friday, October 9, 2009

web quest

WEB QUEST
While reading about web quest, I was thinking how much internet technology has changed in many ways. I remember in the video just a couple of weeks ago “The first 500 Days.” How much technology has changed? I remember when I was senior in high school; we just got our first set of computers at my high school. Now, computers all the norm of schools and more and more teachers are doing their lesson through computers. One just lesson plans are through the web quest. I am now in the process of learning web quest. The lesson I am working on is for my students to a web quest lesson on the topic of “Ellis Island.” I have to admit it is a little scary to set up your first web lesson for students when you never did it before. You wonder to do have enough information that your students need to the project that you assign for your students. Is the information that you give them right for their grade level? I mean you would not want more in-depth site for students who are in the third grade learning about “Ellis Island,” then from a student, who is in 11th grade history class learning about the same subject. I look forward to doing my first web quest. I think it will be fun. In way I think that in class, we are doing a kind of web quest. Our teacher set up the lesson, and we follow and learn by doing project through the internet.

Veronica

1 comment:

  1. The actual *WebQuest* has a specific number of steps which have been researched to work best. This class is a quest of what is out there on the web for educators...so I see your point, although I know you don't mean it's a real WQ. It is scary to get the grade level right and I'm sure once you actually teach this will come easier to you.

    ReplyDelete