Monday, October 5, 2009

Creative Commons

Creative Commons:
I will admit that I never even heard of the site Creative Commons before. I found some very positive things about creative Commons. However, I will admit there is some very negative side to the website. One thing that I found disturbing to be the fact are many ads on the site that I found not to be very appropriate for kids to see. Example of this was how to enlarge man private parts. I know that I would not want my kids to see that especially young children. I would not bring this site into a classroom because of just ads in the site. I understand why creative Commons is important because it gives people the right to express themselves freely without being censored or even heard. I know that I will not use this site in a classroom, when I have begun a teacher.


Veronica Amsden

1 comment:

  1. Veronica,
    I hadn't ever heard of CC before either, and I think it is just a great idea. I too would be concerned about such ads. However, I don't remember seeing any on the site. Can you link to a page where you found that? I just went over to their site and scouted around. Granted, I'm sure I didn't cover the whole site, but from what I saw, I didn't even see one ad at all.
    Thanks,
    Katie May

    ReplyDelete